The video above is Dr. Nick Fabian from our Elyria location talking about Regenerative Therapy
during a Facebook live segment with Jenny from the Block on Fox 8 Cleveland.
At Ohio Therapy Centers, we now have a NEW cutting-edge treatment option – Regenerative Therapy
For many people who live with debilitating osteoarthritis and chronic joint pain, treatment options are limited to mainly steroid injections, hyaluronic acid joint injections, joint replacement surgery, and physical therapy.
Our NEW breakthrough Regenerative Medicine Therapy may be used to successfully treat patients with osteoarthritis and other chronic musculoskeletal and joint pain issues.
Relief and Healing start almost immediately with this treatment!
Regenerative Therapy is a revolutionary treatment option that uses the body’s own healing ability to
Recover from injuries
Improve your overall quality of life
Ohio Therapy Centers now offers a full range of regenerative therapies in order to give our patients access to the widest range of treatments for fuller healing and relief.
We like to think of regenerative medicine therapy as cooperative medicine: a way of working with the care continuum and your body.
The body’s regenerative process requires a dynamic environment consisting of a variety of growth factors, cytokines, scaffolding, hyaluronic acids, mesenchymal stem cells, and chemokines.
So in the event of injury, the body relies upon more than just a stem cell. It needs the complex rally of many cells and proteins to help start or aid the regenerative process and get it back up to speed. That’s where regenerative therapy comes in, replenishing what the body needs, where the body needs it, to better maintain the whole!
What are Stem Cells?
Unlike other cells, stem cells are unspecialized or undifferentiated in our bodies that have the capacity to change into any healthy cell in our body. Meaning they can change into skin, bone, heart, and muscle cells to name a few. They have the unique ability to divide or differentiate into many types of cells with specific functions – such as muscle, skin or bone cells.
Stem cells can also give rise to new generations of undifferentiated stem cells, thus renewing themselves. Stem cells are located throughout our body in almost every organ and tissue such as bone marrow, fat, teeth, muscles, etc.
Some of the Regenerative Treatments we now offer include:
Umbilical Cord Matrix/Wharton’s Jelly Allograft
- Donors are selected following an intensive and complete medical review and pre-natal evaluation prior to delivery
- Contains a dynamic environment consisting of a variety of growth factors, cytokines, scaffolding, hyaluronic acids, mesenchymal stem cells, and chemokines.
- Derived exclusively from the umbilical cord after delivery of a baby
- Immune-privileged so there is no chance of rejection.
Amniotic Fluid Matrix Allograft
- Acellular, frozen, non-irradiated, 100% pure amniotic fluid allograft
- Retains its bioactivity with more than 200 growth factors proven present
- Membrane and chorion free
- Able to be injected through as small as a 30 gauge needle
- Alpha-2-Macroglobulin (A2M) Rich – 6 times the concentration found in blood
- Broad-spectrum protease inhibitor that baits and traps all known factors causing cartilage catabolism
- The first and only system to centrifuge and filter plasma for the optimal ratio of high platelets to low white blood cells if platelets are preferred
- Fibronectin-Aggrecan Complex Test performed pre-injection to determine injection efficacy
Orthopedics This Week’s 2015 Best New Spine Technology Award Recipient
Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections/PRFM
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections administer concentrated platelets from the patient’s own blood into damaged cartilage and tendons to reduce pain and to aid in the healing process.
- PRP rebuilds these tissues and can be used for common tendon injuries, such as tennis elbow, and to repair cartilage due to osteoarthritis or other damage.
- PRP injections consist of extracting a blood sample, concentrating the platelets and injecting them into injured areas of the body.
- PRP injections are sometimes performed in a series, but many patients only require one injection to see results.
Regenerative Therapy goes way beyond the benefits of any other treatments we offer.
While cortisone and other drugs only provide temporary pain relief, Regenerative Therapy actually restores degenerated tissue while providing pain relief. Additionally, the injections contain collagen, proteins, and hyaluronic acid, which acts as a lubricant on worn and damaged joints while encouraging new, healthy cartilage tissue growth.
Some people will feel immediate relief from their pain and will notice continued improvements in pain reduction, mobility, and range of motion following the treatment. Most results are seen within one to three months after injection.
The wonderful thing about Regenerative Therapy is that it’s being found to be a safer and more effective pain relief treatment than addicting prescription medications and surgeries that require weeks and sometimes months downtime from your active life.
However, this therapy doesn’t just put a Band-Aid on the problem and walk away; it encourages your own body to start healing. The end result is reduced or eliminated pain, healthier joint tissue, increased mobility, and the ability to once again engage in all of your favorite activities, allowing you to live a vibrant, healthy, and pain-free life!
A quick breakdown of this simple, in-office procedure for Regenerative Therapy:
- Takes around 15 minutes
- No Anesthesia
- No Hospital Stays
- No Antibiotics
- Zero Recovery Time
- Clinically we expect significantly improved function in 1-3 months
- No Reported Adverse Effects or Rejection
Is Regenerative Therapy Safe?
More than 10,000 injections have been performed so far without a single reported adverse side effect. Our products are FDA regulated as a human cell and tissue product (HCT/P) and are intended for homologous (human to human) use.
Our very own Dr. Nick Fabian has even experienced Regenerative Therapy for his chronic knee pain right in our Elyria office!
Post Injection Rehabilitation
Your Rehabilitation Plan May Include Any Combination Of The Following:
Core Strengthening Exercises
Trigger Point Therapy
Chronic musculoskeletal joint pain is terribly frustrating and can keep you from living an active and healthy life. We invite you in for a Regenerative Therapy consultation, where we can find out if this treatment is right for your chronic musculoskeletal and joint pain. We are Injury Care Ohio specialists!
To learn more about our NEW Regenerative Therapy treatments, contact the Ohio Therapy Centers team at our convenient Northeast Ohio locations:
Xcell Medical Group – Elyria
Eastside Medical Group – Shaker Square
Ohio Healthcare Partners – Fairlawn
Atlantic Medical Group – Canton
No drugs. No surgery. Just results.